We think we’re pretty fun to work for. If you’re interested in joining our creative team, submit an application and come play with us!
Hale Center Theater Orem - On site, with option for some remote work
Part Time, 20-25 hours per week
$20 - $24 per hour. DOE
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager serves as a key member of Hale Center Theater Orem’s Finance Department. The Finance Manager supports the business by maintaining HCTO’s accounting and reporting systems, as well as administering payroll and employee benefits. The Finance Manger is responsible for conducting efficient month end closes, including providing reports and analysis for HCTO. The Finance Manager is key in maintaining processes and conducting reviews to ensure that HCTO’s controls are being followed, leading to accurate and timely financial reporting.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage entries of deposits and expenditures into the system.
- Manage employee credit card holders – timely submission of receipts
- Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts
- Reconcile revenue between GL and CRM system
- Journal entries as needed
- Provide regular budget reports to Department Heads
- Spearhead and assist Executive Director in the development and compilation of the annual operating budget
- Assist ED and Director of Development with the creation of budgets for various grant proposals
Accounting and General Ledger System
- Maintenance and upkeep of General Ledger and Chart of Accounts
- Update chart of accounts and associated classes for upcoming theater seasons. Communicate changes to department heads
- Work with development team on creation of financial reports to support various grant applications, interim/final reports, and other reports as needed
- Track income and expenditures earmarked for specific grants
- Keep Executive Director aware of any potential problem areas
- Oversee correction of inaccuracies discovered
- Review accounts payable weekly
- Creation and maintenance of vendor files in accounting system
- Organize & Create A/P checks for signing
- Payroll for 70+ employees
- Maintain and track employee hours through the Employee Timeclock system
- Set up and maintain labor allocations and department coding in the payroll/accounting system
- Update employee records
- Update payroll tax tables
- Create and file all payroll tax reports - state and federal
- Create year-end W-2’s and 1099’s
- Maintain various payroll deductions – insurance, phones, 401K, etc.
- Create checks for actors and production staff artisans
- Prepare invoices for various sponsors, customers, donors, etc.
- Monitor collection of invoices
Audits and Regulatory Reporting
- Prepare and maintain all schedules and documents for annual financial statement audit
- Assist with audit prep as needed
- Prepare and maintain all schedules and documents for creation of annual form 990 tax return
- Assist with other audits and regulatory reporting as needed
- Assist ED in various requested tasks
- Assist ED by creating and maintaining attendance statistics
- Employee and actor benefits management
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in a non-profit or similar business, with the responsibilities listed above
- A working knowledge of US GAAP accounting
- The ability to juggle moving priorities and be a team player
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and accuracy in managing data and deadlines
- The ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and a capacity to work independently
- Effective communication with supervisors and colleagues on the status and priority of assignments
- The ability to organize, analyze, present and communicate finance data
- A commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender, expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, with Excel being the priority
- Experience with Tessitura or a comparable CRM a plus
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume by means of email to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Application for Finance Manager.” HCTO will only review submissions that include all requested materials. Position open until filled. Anticipated Start Date: Training begins ASAP, with full responsibility beginning in January. No phone calls please
ASSISTANT WIG/HAIR AND MAKEUP DESIGNER
- Maintain wigs after each show by cleaning, restyling, curling and/or brushing
- Washing and caring for wigs
- Assist show’s designer with rolling wigs or styling
- Assist show’s designer in makeup design
- Experience with hair styling and makeup/FX application
- Cosmetologist license preferred but not required
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PRODUCTION OVERHIRE POSITIONS
Hale Center Theater Orem is accepting resumes for temporary positions on a rolling basis including, but not limited to, Wardrobe and Stage Crew, Electric Technicians, Scenic Carpenters, Scenic Artists, Props, and Costume Construction. We currently have limited positions available but keep resumes on file for consideration for future productions or other special projects. Positions may be paid hourly or by stipend depending on position and length of call. Enthusiasm, intelligence, reliability, and punctuality are as important as experience.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Joseph Governale, Production Manager at email@example.com. Please include your name and ‘Production Overhire’ in the subject line.
CREATIVE TEAM POSITIONS
Hale Center Theater Orem is accepting resumes for directors, musical directors, choreographers, designers (scenic, costumes, lighting, sound and projection) and stage managers on a rolling basis. We currently have limited positions available but keep resumes on file for consideration for future productions or other special projects.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Joseph Governale, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and desired role(s) in the subject line.