We think we’re pretty fun to work for. If you’re interested in joining our creative team, submit an application and come play with us!
PRODUCTION RENTAL SUPERVISOR
Hale Center Theater Orem has been bringing theater productions to our community since 1990! In that time, we have built a robust stock of costumes, and are happy to provide the service of renting these costumes, locally, across the country, and even internationally. HCTO is seeking a costume professional to be the main support person for the process of these rentals.
Job requirements include:
- Respond to emails and phone calls re: rental inquiries
- Maintain calendar of upcoming rentals
- Pull and organize costumes for rental customers
- Cleaning, organizing, and restocking of rental returns
- Assist with Strike process, to help catalog new costumes into stock with our barcode system/online stock log
- Maintain archival photos on our website and in our customer space
- Provide customer service to walk-in rentals
- Work with Archive Associates with daily shop tasks, such as show laundry and repairs, cleaning, etc
- Opportunities to create costume pieces for our Mainstage and Youth productions
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate work in costuming
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Basic sewing and crafting skills
- Basic knowledge of costume history
This position assists our Archive Costume Shop Manager, who oversees the show and stock support areas of our Costume Shop. It requires both quite a bit of sitting and office work, as well as physical needs such as climbing ladders, crawling on floor, carrying costumes up and down stairs, and lifting laundry baskets.
Please submit resume, cover letter, (and portfolio if you have) to our Production Manager at email@example.com
Hale Center Theater Orem is looking to fill Wardrobe Crew positions for our last show of the season, “A Christmas Carol”. Come join our amazing team as we support our actors backstage!
“A Christmas Carol” dates of commitment: November 19-December 23
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking in costumes pieces before each performance
- Pre-setting costume pieces as instructed by Supervisor
- Performing quick changes and other costume changes during the performance
- Post show clean up & disinfecting of costume pieces
- Other duties as assigned
Additionally, dependant on show:
- Assist actors in putting wigs on before and during the show
- Assist actors in set changes
Skills & Specifications:
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Positive and helpful attitude
- Able to move quickly, bend down, climb stairs, carry up to 50lbs
- Basic sewing a plus
- Wig experience a plus
Education & Qualifications
High school diploma, prior experience dressing a plus.
Candidates should have a desire to contribute to creating a positive, calm backstage atmosphere where the wardrobe crew supports each other and the actors.
Hale Center Theater in Orem is seeking two Theatre Technicians to manage and run theatrical performances for our main stage and youth theatre productions. They use a range of technical and people skills to act as both stage manager, QLab operator and audio mixer. Must be available for evening and Saturday performances, as well as occasional weekday matinees, working with other Theatre Technicians to make sure all performances are covered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Power up, turn on, preset, check and prepare lighting, sound, automation, atmospheric and other equipment or scenic elements prior to performances.
- Ensure all actors have checked in by call time. Communicate with those who don’t and work to make sure doubles or understudies are called in when required.
- Coordinate with the House Manager to ensure each performance is able to begin on time.
- Follow a script to execute a QLab cue list, run automation cues, and mix audio as the sole technician.
- Troubleshoot any issues or problems that arrive, both technical and actor related.
- Power down, turn off, reset and restore equipment and scenic elements post performance.
- Send a nightly report.
- Assist and train during changeovers. This may require additional availability.
Skills and Requirements:
- Understanding and experience with audio consoles, wireless microphone, and mixing techniques.
- Basic understanding of lighting consoles, timecode, projectors, automation, atmospheric machines, and other common theatrical equipment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and be approachable.
This is a part time position. Pay starts at $18 per hour. We are willing to train the right candidates.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Joseph Governale, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include your name and ‘Theatre Technician’ in the subject line.
Hale Center Theater Orem (HCTO) has an exciting opportunity for a skillful, team-oriented Technical Director to oversee all aspects of the engineering, construction, load-ins, and strikes of all scenery for HCTO’s productions. A new performance facility awaits the leadership of a strategic-minded individual for whom the prospect of building a department is exciting and motivating. A typical season currently includes 7 mainstage productions and 5 youth productions.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried position, $55,000+ annually, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, retirement saving options, and paid holiday, vacation, sick, and personal leave.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, evaluation, scheduling, implementation, engineering, and supervision of all scenic elements involved in organization programming.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Lighting, Sound, Props, and Costumes as needed, based on the designs.
- Create detailed materials and labor cost-outs, build schedules for each production, and work closely with designers, directors, and the Production Manager to establish build priorities.
- Attend all production meetings and technical rehearsals.
- Collaborate with the Scenic Charge Artist on the scenic art cost-out and integration of the set build schedule with the paint schedule.
- Ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Actively participate in budget planning for current and future seasons.
- Responsible for the creation of working drawings needed for execution of designs using Vectorworks.
- Oversee all construction, load-ins, and strikes of scenery and set pieces.
- Provide additional construction support as needed through carpentry, welding, rigging, fabrics, and other set-related materials in accordance with the plans provided.
- Hire and supervise carpenters, specialists, scenic charge artists, overhire labor, interns, and volunteers.
- Ensure safe, organized, and efficient workspaces and storage areas
- Oversee maintenance of tools and equipment
- Actively participate in long-range planning for facility, equipment, and operations
- Oversee purchasing of scenic materials and supplies; report and track expenditures
- Serve as the primary point of contact during the run of shows to address technical problems and ensure the production can safely proceed.
- Maintains all production equipment, tools, and stock goods, furniture, and scenery.
- Keeps the Production Manager informed of all goings on within the Scenery Department via weekly coordination meetings.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working in a professional theater environment, with previous experience as a Technical Director preferred. Candidates with equivalent experience in carpentry, welding, or construction environments are encouraged to apply.
- Thorough understanding of how various elements of the production process intersect, and the impact on planning and execution of the production process happens as a whole.
- Expertise in carpentry and rigging using standard theatrical construction techniques; welding experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and create informative and well-organized working drawings using Vectorworks.
- Superior attention to detail while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to give and follow direction.
- Experience in hiring and supervising staff or crew.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within multiple budget lines.
- Understanding of the design process and ability to clearly communicate with designers.
- Strong understanding of shop safety.
- Excellent in-person, email, and phone communication skills.
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of stage machinery.
- Working knowledge of technical theater including but not limited to lights, sound, properties, projections, and scenic art.
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in Technical Direction a plus.
To apply, email a resume, cover letter and sample cost out and build calendar documents to Joseph Governale, Production Manager at email@example.com
. Please include your name and ‘Technical Director’ in the subject line.
ASSISTANT HOUSE MANAGER
Assistant House Managers ensure each patron has a safe, smooth and enjoyable experience during their visit.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engage with patrons as they enter the theatre
- Listen to and address patron issues, questions, and concerns in a friendly and efficient manner
- Work with Box Office Representatives,Wardrobe Staff, and Technicians to coordinate the smooth operation of the house before, during, and after performances
- Maintain the tidiness and accessibility of patron areas
- Prepare and distribute observant and detailed House Management Reports after performances, communicating any specific challenges and successes
- Be knowledgeable about the company, our mission, values, current productions, current season, and upcoming events
- Create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere through honest, clear communication with patrons, staff, and teammates
- Some prior experience performing high volume customer service-related work
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
Part-time hourly position (with the potential for off-season project hours)
5-15 hours/week, weekday and Saturday evenings, with occasional mornings and afternoons
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Fiona Swenson, House Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and ‘Assistant House Manager’ in the subject line.
FRONT OF HOUSE STAFF
Hale Center Theater Orem is accepting applications for Front of House Staff. Front of House Staff is responsible for preparing and maintaining public areas for patrons, greeting and helping patrons find their seats, and selling concessions.
This is a part time hourly position. Shifts are mostly evenings and Saturdays, with occasional mornings and afternoons.
To apply, email, or drop off at the box office, a resume and application (download here) to Fiona Swenson, Front of House Manager at email@example.com. Please include your name and 'Front of House Application' in the subject line.
PRODUCTION OVERHIRE POSITIONS
Hale Center Theater Orem is accepting resumes for temporary positions on a rolling basis including, but not limited to, Wardrobe and Stage Crew, Electric Technicians, Scenic Carpenters, Scenic Artists, Props, and Costume Construction. We currently have limited positions available but keep resumes on file for consideration for future productions or other special projects. Positions may be paid hourly or by stipend depending on position and length of call. Enthusiasm, intelligence, reliability, and punctuality are as important as experience.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Joseph Governale, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and ‘Production Overhire’ in the subject line.
CREATIVE TEAM POSITIONS
Hale Center Theater Orem is accepting resumes for directors, musical directors, choreographers, designers (scenic, costumes, lighting, sound and projection) and stage managers on a rolling basis. We currently have limited positions available but keep resumes on file for consideration for future productions or other special projects.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Joseph Governale, Production Manager at email@example.com. Please include your name and desired role(s) in the subject line.