We think we’re pretty fun to work for. If you’re interested in joining our creative team, submit an application and come play with us!
BOX OFFICE MANAGER
Reports to: Executive Director
Oversee the overall day to day operations of the ticketing department - from the daily sales to scheduling staff for daytime and possibly evening operations. The Box Office Manager will ensure a hospitable, smooth and efficient operation. Responsible for programming and monitoring the Tessitura ticketing system, tracking daily sales and deposits, ticket account management and fulfillment, and supervise and direct ticket agents. This role is highly visible and interacts with sponsors, vendors, clients, and other arts organizations. Leads by example at all times and provides the highest level of customer service to all patrons, vendors and clients.
- Create and maintain a “patron first” customer service strategy for all shows and events.
- Work with artistic and administration to set up events, maintain seating charts, maintain
financial records, and manage the preparation, presentation, and settlement of all event box
- Advise and assist with the implementation, reporting, and generating of event reports using the
Tessitura ticketing system
- Oversee the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly sales of tickets and tuitions and entering and
submitting data as required
- Oversee the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly donations to the Foundation and communicating
all philanthropic and development transactions to the Development office
- Reconciling any issues between ticket sales and the financial department including shortages or
overages in cash drawers
- Develop and maintain documentation and training material on Box Office policies and
- Work closely with accounting on executing proper cash handling and cash control procedures.
- Hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of ticket office staff. Making sure that all staff is fully
trained in handling customer issues and explaining policy regarding ticket sales
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, respond promptly to customer inquiries and
requests, and train all Box Office personnel in customer service standards
- Review and maintain public information, including messaging on the web site, newsletters, on
hold content, and direct mail.
- Assist with content creation for the annual Season Ticket mailing. Includes developing efficient
order forms and instructions for patrons.
- Work with outside organizations to facilitate ticket donations to their events or school
- Booking, assisting and greeting groups or tours as they plan a trip to the theater for an event or
- Provide rapid response for critical issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Box Office experience
- Management experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the Tessitura system is a plus
- Must be able to work well independently and to hire, manage, train, and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required
- Candidate must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Windows
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends,
and holidays, as well as being able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Candidate should have cash handling experience and experience in scheduling staff members
- Candidate must also have the ability to work with the public and possess conflict resolution skills
- Good problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results
- Ability to work with multiple organizations and vendors proactively and professionally
Please submit cover letter and resume to Cody Swenson email@example.com
PRODUCTION OVERHIRE POSITIONS
Hale Center Theater Orem is accepting resumes for temporary positions on a rolling basis including, but not limited to, Wardrobe and Stage Crew, Electric Technicians, Scenic Carpenters, Scenic Artists, Props, and Costume Construction. We currently have limited positions available but keep resumes on file for consideration for future productions or other special projects. Positions may be paid hourly or by stipend depending on position and length of call. Enthusiasm, intelligence, reliability, and punctuality are as important as experience.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Joseph Governale, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and ‘Production Overhire’ in the subject line.
CREATIVE TEAM POSITIONS
Hale Center Theater Orem is accepting resumes for directors, musical directors, choreographers, designers (scenic, costumes, lighting, sound and projection) and stage managers on a rolling basis. We currently have limited positions available but keep resumes on file for consideration for future productions or other special projects.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Joseph Governale, Production Manager at email@example.com. Please include your name and desired role(s) in the subject line.